Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who would have thought I would crave mental over physical?

I am so confused right now, and in cases of confusion, much less confusion of this magnitude, I have to write it out if I want any kind of resolution to my inner conflict.
I have had minor setbacks in my life; anybody who knows me knows the last year has been one big hot mess.
So there is no reason that I can come up with to be so devastated for this, but here it is:
I got Facebook dumped.
One of my Facebook friends, whom I have never met and would likely have never met, somebody I chatted with a few times and had found to be my male counterpart in terms of being on par with my own biting, acerbic wit, dumped me from his friend list sometime between yesterday and today.
I am crushed. Crushed! I don't even think I'd talked to him at all two weeks ago, so in the space of roughly 10 days I came to rely on our occasional chat or Facebook email.
It was all in the type style. I feel so bummed to have lost that. Who knows what happened; I'm not stupid enough to think it was truly anything I did and I certainly don't feel brokenhearted, but I am shocked that I feel more deeply about this than I have any physical relationship I've had. Physical RELATIONSHIP! We only chatted! What is wrong with me?
I have almost 1000 Facebook friends. I chat with a handful at most. This is one person. One person I must have really, really liked typing back and forth with, certainly, but one person in an entire world.
Burn!

No comments: