Thursday, July 15, 2010

Time is ticking...ticking...ticking away.

We're in the last leg of our Bermuda time together, and I have to say, I don't want to go home. Home is where the responsibility is. When I get home, I run right into the end of the summer semester, finals, job, kids, cooking, cleaning, cleaning, grocery shopping, wedding planning, getting ready for the school year with the boys (I HATE back to school time!) and preparing for the fall semester for me. I run into actually having to quit my job. I'm not used to leaving a job on my own, I don't know if I can handle it! hehehe.
But seriously, this has been so magical. Even being alone every day isn't so bad. I have been swimming, rock climbing, walking...I shopped a couple of days, successfully in that the only things I've purchased so far were fishing poles. I went to the beach one day (so lonely I didn't last long). I've taken loads of pictures. I've made a couple of friends.
And then there are the nights. I love them. We have so much fun. One night we'll fish (so freakin' funny walking up and down these steep trails, studded with sharp rocks, trying to carry the poles, the hooks, the string, the squid, AND the drinks), and the next night we go somewhere. Last night it was the Dockyard. Three nights ago it was St. George's. No matter where we go, though, we have fun. We always have fun. We have fun in Nevada, too, don't get me wrong. I guess it's just the being alone. I don't know.
In 65 days, we'll be married. I'm so excited about that, until I think of everything that has to be done. When I get home, it's time to shake down everyone who hasn't been forthcoming with their addresses. Ugh.

No comments: